Please note this course is available in a 2, 3, or 4 day course as well as a 1 day refresher course.
Wheeled loading shovels are key pieces of heavy duty equipment within the land-based and construction industries.
They’re used for a multitude of tasks when moving and loading materials.
Their versatility and wide use means that it’s especially important that you’re fully trained in their safe and efficient use.
Our 2-day training course will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills you need to operate these loading shovels safely at work.
On successful completion, you’ll receive a certificate for a loading shovel (wheeled).
The finer details:
Our 2-day course covers both training and practical assessment.
It will give you all the knowledge you need to know to operate a wheeled loading shovel.
You’ll cover all the critical legislation and learn about the nuts and bolts of this machine- its components, instruments and controls.
Then it’s onto the practical aspects.
You’ll be shown how to carry out pre-shift and daily checks to prevent accidents.
You’ll have plenty of practice in stopping, starting and operating the machine.
We’ll also cover how to operate the front shovel, the multi-purpose bucket and all aspects of excavating.
Site safety, driving on the roads and any possible problems will then be reviewed.
- Working in the construction industry
- Specific legislation/guidance on LOLER
- Components of loading shovels
- Stability of the machine
- Familiarisation with instruments and controls
- Stopping and starting the machine
- Accident prevention
- Pre-shift checks
- Daily checks
- Operating the multi-purpose bucket
- Operating factors – excavate
- Site safety
- Operating the machine: driving; use of front shovel; stockpile; site strip; ramp; load vehicle
- Driving on the highway and transportation
- Possible problems.